April 5, 2014
Support the arts and college prep programs at the Flagstaff Arts and Leadership Academy by attending the fifth annual FALA Gala. The evening includes food and beverages from Pasto, Page Springs Cellars, and Golden Eagle Distributors as well as a silent auction and live entertainment.
Throughout the evening, attendees will enjoy performances by talented FALA students, as well as the closing night of the Youth Art Exhibit. The silent auction will feature the work of artists Baje Whitethorne Sr., Shonto Begay, Joe Sorren, George Averbeck, Gwen Waring, Rene Westbrook, FALA faculty and students, and much more.
"FALA embodies the best traditions of a great educational institution,” said Robert Breunig, executive director of the Museum of Northern Arizona. “Its students are motivated and passionate about learning, their teachers are talented and dedicated to their students, and their administrators demonstrate their love of the school and its students everyday. Supporting FALA's GALA is an immensely fun way to support this outstanding school."
FALA high school students must complete 30 hours of community service each year and the service of FALA students is felt throughout the community. Its students perform for our community’s elders and children and raise money for causes such as the Flagstaff Family Food Center, Catholic Charities, St. Mary’s Food Bank, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and One New Education.
FALA thrives because of the generosity of our community—-our partnerships with artists and organizations and the financial support of people in this community who believe that arts belong in schools.
Flagstaff Arts and Leadership Academy is a tuition-free, public charter middle and high school with a focus on academic excellence and rigorous performing and visual arts programs. The US News and World Report currently rank its high school No. 10 in Arizona. For information, call (928) 779-7223 or visit flagarts.com.
Flagstaff365 is presented by:
Sign Up Here!
Sign up for email notifications:
Flagstaff365 is presented in partnership by:
- Day of the Dead Dance and Aerial Performance at The Green Room
- Dutch Holly at Firecreek Coffee Company
- Dew Downtown Flagstaff: Urban Ski and Snowboard Festival at City of Flagstaff
- Kyle Gass Band at The Museum Club
- Historic Flagstaff Ghost Orb Tour at Downtown Railroad District
- David Sedaris at Ardrey Auditorium, Northern Arizona University Campus
- Halloween at Lowell Observatory at Lowell Observatory
- The Polar Express at Grand Canyon Railway
- New Views of the Universe Exhibit at Lowell Observatory
- First Friday ArtWalk at Historic Downtown Flagstaff