Holiday Lighting Ceremony
November 23, 2013
Flagstaff will kick off the Christmas season with the 19th annual Holiday Lighting event at Little America Flagstaff. The two powerful Christmas traditions, the North Pole Experience and the Little America Hotel Flagstaff, Santa's official trolley departure station, will team up on November 23, 2013, to bring Flagstaff an extraordinary holiday lighting, dressing the property in millions of Christmas lights on the first day of the 2013 NPX season and one-of-a-kind Christmas adventure.
Just like a scene out of a favorite holiday movie, the 500 acre property of beautiful forest at Little America Flagstaff will be lit with over a million Christmas lights at 6:30pm, and stay lit for the entire holiday season, making it the perfect backdrop for NPX guests.
The North Pole Experience takes families on a trolley ride to Santa's official massive workshop at the North Pole through a magic portal. Once families enter Santa's toy factory headquarters, that is where the real magic begins. Completely hands-on, families will work side-by-side with Santa and his elves, building toys and then enjoy access to Santa's main factory floor, with soaring toy slides and ceilings. Families attend Elf University and visit Mrs. Claus and enjoy cookies and snowman soup in the bakery. Don't forget Santa's mailroom, office, and his top-secret "Area 47" Sleigh Hanger, featuring his famous sleigh, jam packed with some of the most advanced technology in the world, runway lights, radar systems and more.
The Holiday Lights event will be held from 4:00-8:00pm and is open to the public. The celebration includes a dramatic entrance by Santa, Christmas carolers, face painting, balloon sculpting, crafts, cookie decorating, a travel-themed raffle and more. Proceeds from our silent raffle will benefit the United Way of Northern Arizona. The dramatic flip of the light switch will occur around 6:30 p.m., with Santa arriving shortly thereafter.
The North Pole Experience will run tours from the Little America Hotel from 4:00-8:00pm, with trolley's every 15 minutes. The holiday lighting is free to the public, and tickets to NPX can be purchased at http://www.northpoleexperience.com.
Flagstaff365 is presented by:
Sign Up Here!
Sign up for email notifications:
Flagstaff365 is presented in partnership by:
- Anton Baranov at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church
- Rent at Coconino High School
- The Slide Fire Story: A Tribute to Oak Creek Canyon at Museum of Northern Arizona
- An Evening with John Gorka at Coconino Center for the Arts
- Legends from the Sky at Harkins Flagstaff 11
- Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure at Doris Harper-White Playhouse
- Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain at Ardrey Auditorium, Northern Arizona University Campus
- First Friday ArtWalk at Historic Downtown Flagstaff
- Rachel Barton Pine at Ashurst Hall
- Bald Eagle Celebration at Willow Bend Environmental Education Center