The Great Pinecone Drop
December 31, 2013 - January 1, 2014
Rising three stories above Flagstaff’s historic downtown, the six-foot tall Pine Cone will be hoisted into place like a giant holiday ornament to hang from the 112-year-old hotel on November.
The Great Pine Cone has become a New Year’s Eve tradition since 1999 when the Weatherford Hotel rang in the new millennium and honored the Weatherford Hotel’s 100-year anniversary. Since then, thousands gather in the streets for the countdown into the New Year and the lowering of the Pine Cone.
(Flagstaff Business News, 2011)
There will be 2 lowerings this year, just as years before: the first drop is at 10pm, perfect for families and those enjoying the celebrations on the East Coast; the second will be at midnight. We encourage everyone to arrive early to get a good spot to watch the show!
Flagstaff365 is presented by:
Sign Up Here!
Sign up for email notifications:
Flagstaff365 is presented in partnership by:
- Pumpkins in the Pines
- Day of the Dead Dance and Aerial Performance at The Green Room
- Viola's Haunted Garden
- Dutch Holly at Firecreek Coffee Company
- Dew Downtown Flagstaff: Urban Ski and Snowboard Festival at City of Flagstaff
- Historic Flagstaff Ghost Orb Tour at Downtown Railroad District
- Haunted Flagstaff Walking Tour at Flagstaff Visitor Center
- Kyle Gass Band at The Museum Club
- The Polar Express at Grand Canyon Railway
- Halloween Tours at Riordan Mansion State Historic Park