Navajo Rug Auction
November 10, 2012
The auction will feature over 200 vintage and contemporary Navajo weavings from artists, consigners, and the R. B. Burnham & Co. Trading Post. Rug styles being auctioned include Two Grey Hills, Ganado, Teec Nos Pos, Ye’ii, Pictorial, Wide Ruins, Storm, Sandpainting, and Eyedazzler. The auction will be led by auctioneers from the R. B. Burnham & Co. Trading Post.
A portion of the proceeds from this event will provide support for Flagstaff Cultural Partners and the Museum of Northern Arizona.
Navajo rugs are a great investment. Historically, the value of rugs has appreciated with time, and in recent years, Navajo rugs have outdistanced many other investment options for their return on investment. The breadth of artists, styles, and bidding opportunities has made rug auctions an affordable way to purchase and collect high quality rugs. Rugs sell from twenty to several thousand dollars. Even if you do not buy anything, auction day is a great cultural experience.
Flagstaff365 is presented by:
Sign Up Here!
Sign up for email notifications:
Flagstaff365 is presented in partnership by:
- Dew Downtown Flagstaff: Urban Ski and Snowboard Festival at City of Flagstaff
- The Polar Express at Grand Canyon Railway
- Citizen Kane at Cline Library Assembly Hall
- Snowman Skate at Jay Lively Activity Center
- Holiday Star Fest at Lowell Observatory
- Holiday Tours at Riordan Mansion State Historic Park
- Christmas Open House at Fort Tuthill County Park
- Miracle on 34th Street at Doris Harper-White Playhouse
- Flagstaff BrewHaHa at High Country Conference Center
- The Santaland Diaries at Doris Harper-White Playhouse