Navajo Rug Auction
November 10, 2012
The auction will feature over 200 vintage and contemporary Navajo weavings from artists, consigners, and the R. B. Burnham & Co. Trading Post. Rug styles being auctioned include Two Grey Hills, Ganado, Teec Nos Pos, Ye’ii, Pictorial, Wide Ruins, Storm, Sandpainting, and Eyedazzler. The auction will be led by auctioneers from the R. B. Burnham & Co. Trading Post.
A portion of the proceeds from this event will provide support for Flagstaff Cultural Partners and the Museum of Northern Arizona.
Navajo rugs are a great investment. Historically, the value of rugs has appreciated with time, and in recent years, Navajo rugs have outdistanced many other investment options for their return on investment. The breadth of artists, styles, and bidding opportunities has made rug auctions an affordable way to purchase and collect high quality rugs. Rugs sell from twenty to several thousand dollars. Even if you do not buy anything, auction day is a great cultural experience.
Flagstaff365 is presented by:
Sign Up Here!
Sign up for email notifications:
Flagstaff365 is presented in partnership by:
- Historic Flagstaff Ghost Orb Tour at Downtown Railroad District
- A Nightmare on Aspen Street at The Orpheum Theater
- Halloween Harvest at Heritage Square
- Pumpkin Patch Train at Grand Canyon Railway
- Haunted Flagstaff Walking Tour at Flagstaff Visitor Center
- Viola's Haunted Garden
- Celebraciones de la Gente at Museum of Northern Arizona
- The Polar Express at Grand Canyon Railway
- Fantastic FSO at Ardrey Auditorium, Northern Arizona University Campus
- Tequila Sunrise w/Pickster and Riot Earp at The Green Room